ERA 5 Room Tone Match is an AAX Audiosuite plug-in. AAX Audiosuite is an extension of the classic AAX format, developed by Avid Technology for their plug-in hosts.
Avid is the manufacturer of Pro Tools and other software developed for audio and video.
Room Tone Match is fully compatible with the latest Pro Tools versions (2018 or higher), and it’s crossplatform, meaning that you can install and use it in a macOS and/or Windows computer.
Thanks for the information. Now, how can I load the plug-in?
Loading an Audiosuite plug-in is really simple. Please, follow the instructions below:
- Create a new or open a stored Pro Tools session.
- Create a new audio track, mono or stereo (5.1 or other multichannel formats are not supported yet)
- Go to the Audiosuite menu on the menu bar. Depending on how you have categorized your plug-ins, you may find Room Tone Match as:
- Noise Reduction plug-in (categorised by Type)
- Accusonus plug-in (categorized by Manufacturer)
- Select it and you’re ready to work!
Can I use Room Tone Match as a Track insert in Pro Tools?
Unfortunately, the answer is No!
We designed the Room Tone Match focused on a specific workflow (add link to the basic workflow article). Also, the complexity of the algorithm required an extra trade-off, which was the offline processing. So, at the moment, you can use the plug-in as an AudioSuite plug-in only.
Can I use Room Tone Match on other hosts?
The AAX Audiosuite format is compatible with Pro Tools only. Of course, we’re looking for supporting other formats like VST or AU in the future. Let us know how you’d like to use Room Tone Match and which host you use by sending us some feedback (add a link for contact).
*Important Note about Avid Media Composer compatibility.