Before launching Pro Tools, make sure that you have installed the AAX format of Voice Changer.
Once installed, you can launch Pro Tools. Voice Changer should automatically be available as:
- AudioSuite plug-ins
- Track inserts
Great! But what’s the difference between those two?
a) AudioSuite is a Pro Tools feature for offline processing with audio plug-ins. The AudioSuite offline processing is suitable for :
- Processes that would introduce too much latency
- Processes with plug-ins that use a lot of CPU (e.g. High Quality of DeClipper)
- Applying effects to selected regions of an audio (e.g. repair clipped samples in a vocal recording)
To open a plug-in through AudioSuite, open the AudioSuite menu and look for the plugin you want to use in the corresponding category.
b) Track Insert is the traditional way to load a plugin in Pro Tools. You have to:
- Open a Νew Track from the Track menu:
- Select the number of the tracks and the number of their channels (stereo or mono) that you prefer, depending on the audio you want to process.
- Once the track is loaded, insert Voice Changer in an available Inserts slot.