This page contains known issues and workarounds for the latest release of the ERA Bundle. With every new product update, the list below will also be updated, taking out the issues that we've fixed but also adding any new issues that might come up.
Adobe Premiere Pro
- Issue: Voice auto-EQ (AU format only) doesn't work as expected in Premiere.
Solution: Prefer using the VST format instead.
- Issue: Avoid using the VST3 format of Audio Clean-Up Assistant while exporting your project.
Solution: Prefer the VST format instead.
- Issue: Restoring a Premiere project after an ERA version update may show a "missing filters" notification.
Solution: Rescan with the Plugin Manager, quit, and re-open Premiere to resolve the issue.
- Issue: Avoid using the VST3 format of the ERA plug-ins, as you may experience several issues, including crashes.
Solution: Use the VST format instead.
- Issue: Premiere Pro does not respect reported latency, so the rendered output may have a small amount of silence at the beginning.
- Issue: The AU format of De-Clipper is not working correctly in Audition.
Solution: Use the VST format instead.
- ERA plugins (VST3) may crash Audition in some random cases. Use the VST format instead.
Final Cut Pro
- Issue: Final Cut Pro may label a freshly downloaded version of ERA as not valid AU plug-ins. Solution: Reset the AU cache and validate for new plug-ins on the next FCP launch.
- Issue: [Audio Clean-Up Assistant only] Controlling a parameter through the GUI doesn't update the Effect panel and vice versa.
Solution: Better edit the parameters via the plug-in GUI.
- The host may hang when a plugin is added to an excessive amount of clips.
- When splitting a clip with Voice autoEQ loaded, always hit the learn button on the new clips to ensure consistent behavior.
- Issue [Windows Only]: The UI of the VST plug-ins is not shown correctly for Display Scalings other than 100%.
Solution 1: Use the VST3 format (add the VST3 path to Resolve's settings)
Solution 2: Step 1. Find Resolve application executable
Step 2. Right-click and select properties.
Step 3. Go to the compatibility tab
Step 4. Click the button called "Change high DPI settings"
Step 5. Under the "High DPI scaling override" check the box and then select "System"
- Issue: When loading Audio Clean-Up Assistant as a clip insert, the host may not save its state along with the rest of your project
Solution: Always load Audio Clean-Up Assistant as a track-insert and not as a clip-insert
- Issue: [macOS only] Bouncing audio effects directly on the clip might delete the audio or part of it.
Solution: Prefer export instead of Bounce
- Use the VST format of the ERA plug-ins instead of the AU.
Avid Pro Tools
- Pro Tools may hang when you try to duplicate a track with an Audio Clean-Up Assistant instance already inserted.
- Audio issue when loading Voice Deepener as a multi-mono plug-in on a stereo track in Pro Tools. Prefer a multichannel plug-in instead.
- Avoid using high sample rates and/or small buffer sizes, as this may cause a CPU overload warning.
- Pro Tools may stop responding after consecutive, fast changes of presets in Room Tone Match.
- Avoid replacing a Reverb Remover Pro instance in a track, as it may hang! Remove it first, and then load the other plug-in.
- Issue: [Windows Only] Voice autoEQ may crash Audacity when audio playback is stopped.
Solution: Close and reopen Audacity and everything should work as expected.
- Issue: Plug-in resizing may not work as expected.
Solution: Close and reopen the UI window to resolve.
- Issue: [macOS only] The Assistant feature of Audio Clean-Up Assistant is not supported. Due to an editor issue, the "Analysis Ended Unexpectedly" screen always appears
Solution: Ignore the message.
- Issue: Due to Audacity's functionality, engines may not be updated while adjusting the ERA parameters
Solution: Stop and re-start the playback after you adjust any parameter of the ERA plug-ins
- At buffer sizes higher than 2048, real-time processing displays may get laggy.
- AU versions of all plugins are not fully supported in Audacity. Prefer using the VST versions.
- Issue: Apple Logic's plugin manager may show the previous version number of ERA after a successful product update.
Solution: In order to show the correct version number, reset the AU cache.
- Issue: De-Clipper may cause audio drop-outs during playback when used on stereo tracks.
Solution: Use it on mono tracks, or set your track to mono to monitor the processing in real-time. You can therefore switch it back to stereo to export or render your track.
- Avoid using sample rates higher than 48kHz and buffer sizes below 512 samples, as this may cause a CPU overload.
- Prefer large buffer sizes within your host when using ERA plugins, as they can stress out older CPUs.
- [GarageBand] A system overload popup may appear when changing presets or when loading ERA tools within Audio Clean-Up Assistant.
- We recommend using the Assistant feature of Audio Clean-Up Assistant without closing the GUI.
- Use the VST format of Audio Clean-Up Assistant, instead of the AU or the VST3 ones.
- Audio Cleanup Assistant may report invalid latency for sampling rates higher than 44.1kHz