Before launching Avid Media Composer, make sure that you have installed the AAX format of ERA Bundle plug-ins. You can find more information about the ERA Bundle installation process in How to install & uninstall ERA Bundle section.
Once installed, you can launch Media Composer. ERA Bundle plug-ins should automatically be available as:
Great! But what’s the difference between those two?
This is a Media Composer feature for offline processing with audio plug-ins. The AudioSuite offline processing is suitable for:
- Processes that introduce too much latency
- Processes with plug-ins that use a lot of CPU (e.g. High Quality of ERA DeClipper)
- Applying effects to selected regions of an audio (e.g. repair clipped samples in a vocal recording)
- Open the AudioSuite Window from the Tools menu
Select an audio track in the Timeline, and then choose the ERA plug-in from the Plug-in Selection menu.
- Click the Activate Current Plug-in button to open the plug-in UI. Click preview and adjust the settings.
- When you are sure about the amount of processing, apply Render to the track.
2) Track Insert
This is the standard way to load a plugin in an audio track of the Audio Mixer in Media Composer. You have to:
- Open Audio Mixer Window from the Tools menu.
Click an Insert Slot of the selected track to open the Audio Track Effect Tool.
The plug-in UI will open. Adjust the plug-in processing settings.
You are ready to repair your audio!